MONOTYPE, GEL PLATE, and TETRA-PAK PRINTMAKING WORKSHOPS WITH AKUA INKS AND SPEEDBALL PRODUCTS, IN THE PIONEER VALLEY OF NEW ENGLAND'S WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS!! Come make prints with me in my super-clean indoor studio, and gorgeous outdoor studio in our backyard in Easthampton, MA. I follow CDC guidelines, and some people still may choose to wear facemasks while working indoors in my studio. I respect everyone's decision regarding this issue, but I won't be wearing one while teaching.
*PLEASE NOTE: I have had two vaccine shots, and have three booster shots. ALL STUDENTS WHO TAKE MY WORKSHOPS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED and BOOSTERED. Facemasks during our class are optional, as of 1/19/2023 indoors, (we don't need to wear facemasks for the outdoor classes). Let's work together to keep our community and world healthy and safe!
MONOTYPE CLASSES ONLY - Saturday, April 29....this is a one-day-monotype workshop in my Easthampton, MA studio, 10am - 3pm, $140 per person, no experience necessary, four students max, includes AKUA printmaking inks (red, blue, and yellow), seven sheets of archival Arnhem paper, and all materials! We will work on 8" x 12" sheets of plexi-glas, which you may take home. We use my printing press, which is a blast! You may also bring your own paper if you like. You will most likely be taking home with you seven finished pieces, or at least you can finish them off at home. Brilliant! Bring a sense of humor and get ready to play in the studio. To sign up, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
GEL PLATE CLASS - In my Easthampton studio (and also my backyard in Easthampton, MA in the springtime) Next class, date to be announced soon... 1 - 4.15pm, $125 (and you take home a Gel Plate and seven pieces!) We will explore the world of printmaking with 8''x10'' Speedball Gel plates during our class. Gel Plates are different than our plexi plates or Tetra Pak plates, and offer a depth of detail and dimensionality, which our other plates do not. We will not be working with the printing press that day. Let's delight in creating texture and lines with this new technique! We'll use stencils and textures from my magic box, and bring along textures to share with others. 4 students max. This class will include inks, 7 sheets of Arnhem paper, and you take home a gel plate (Speedball gel plates usually cost around $26). If you have taken a Gel plate class with me and want to take it again, you can pay $100 and you'll work with us from 1.30 - 4.15pm. You must bring your Gel Plate with you, as I will not be able to loan you one. Four students max. You must have 2 vaccinations and 2 booster shots to take this class.
TETRA-PAK INTAGLIO CLASS - date to be announced, 1 - 4.30pm, $120,
(sorry, no discount for this class). We will be using my printing press, but you can print on incised/de-laminated TetraPaks without a press as well. I will work with you for the first 2.5 hours and then we'll print until 4.10pm, then clean up and class will be dismissed by 4.30pm . I'll take you thru the process of setting your image on the TetraPak, incising, and then printing up the image on paper. The class costs $120 including the materials below...you'll need to bring a few things, but not much. You must have at least 2 vaccinations and 2 booster shots to attend my class. Windows will be open, fans on, plenty of space to work in. Sanitizer will be readily available, sink for washing hands is down the hall. Sorry, no discounts for this class. Three students in this class, no experience necessary!
*Please email me a pic of your vaccination card which provides that info. Also, we will all be wearing facemasks during the entire class. To sign up, please email me at: email@example.com
GEL PLATE/MONOTYPE COMBO CLASS - DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED I hope to start these classes up soon, please stay tuned! $285 per person includes all materials. On Saturday, we will work on creating monotypes by painting on a piece of plexi glas, and then printing the image on my press. Then on Sunday, we will work with 8''x10'' Speedball Gel plates only. These plates are different than our plexi plates, and offer a depth of detail and dimensionality, which our other plates do not. Let's delight in creating texture and lines with this new technique! The two-day classes run 9.30 am - 2.30 pm on Saturday & Sunday.
The above workshops will take place at One Cottage St., #415, Easthampton, MA, in The Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts in the U.S.A. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, and to reserve your spot. Thank you!
Have you ever wanted to make a monotype print? Monotype prints are one-of-a-kind prints, all unique! Imagine painting on a sheet of plastic, placing paper over it, then running it through my printing press. Voila, the image comes out on the paper in reverse to how you painted it. Come have fun and play with water-based AKUA inks, brushes, stencils, and different papers to create your one-of-a-kind prints using my printing press. No experience necessary with the printing process; three students maximum per workshop means personal and attentive attention from the teacher.
Email me at: email@example.com
I learned monotype printmaking from the great Robert Blackburn in NYC, and worked with Mike Mazur in Cambridge, MA for years. I guarantee you will have a blast learning and playing with inks! For the monotype class, we will begin with introductions with students sharing goals for the class, following up with looking at examples of monotype prints, then finish the morning with a discussion regarding the printing process and technique on the press. We'll take a short break, then launch into printing in the afternoon until 2 pm. Clean up with warm soapy water is simple, because we use AKUA inks, which are totally water-soluble!
* All materials are included for $285 for the 2-day class, no experience necessary!
* If you have taken two or more classes with me, you pay only $225 for the two-day class, and your work hours in the studio will be 11am - 3pm.
* See prices below for one-day sessions, if you've taken a previous class with me.
* NEW INFO as of October 27, 2019: If you refer me to a friend, you'll receive $10 off your next working session! Also, if you decide you'd like to take another one-day monotype printmaking class, you can print from 11.15am-3pm, and pay only $120 for the second day, receiving seven sheets of paper from me and inks, etc. Then, if you return anytime after that for a third or more print session, you pay $100 thereafter for one-day sessions for 11.30am - 3pm, and receive again seven sheets of paper from me each time (the papers might vary), and inks. As you print more, you need me less. Finally, for those really into printing, I have a spot where you can leave materials and stuff in a cubby on a private shelf, and you won't have to schlep things back and forth from home.
* Beginning January 1, 2023, a workshop/class must be paid in full in order to be fully registered. I will give you a full refund on a workshop if I receive your cancellation two weeks prior to the workshop date. No refunds or credits are given for missed workshops. Re-scheduling a class is not possible, as I have many cancellations and it complicates my planning process. Thanks for your understanding.
* Sorry, no dogs allowed in my studio, or at my outdoor/backyard classes.
These workshops take place at One Cottage St., #415, Easthampton, MA, in The Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, unless it's a Gel Plate class that occurs outdoors in my backyard (I will send you my address). Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, and to reserve your spot. Thank you!